daniel@ETFsCanada.com

4/17/2013

DIY Stand Up Desk

I hate sitting in an office all day. The lighting, the recycled air, the white noise, and just sitting all day is more fatiguing to me than my old summer jobs as a landscaper. Obviously, man was not designed for this.





Maybe this concept of a standing desk could ease the pain of modern office life.

The problem is these desks cost hundreds of dollars and who knows if I will actually like it.

The solution....modify your current desk for 25 bucks worth of Ikea gear. I found the idea here. Just 3 things are needed (a cheap side table, a shelf, and a couple brackets to attach the two).

I've heard switching over can be very tiring at first. If I try it I think I will alternate between standing and using a stool. It would make me appreciate sitting that much more when I get home!

I have yet to try the idea but it seems like low risk, high reward

dmorton.To@gmail.com